- The best place to start is the official Kootenay Rockies Tourism website. It’s all there! Trip ideas, maps, advice, etc.
- British Columbia’s official guide to the skiers’ heaven, known as The Powder Highway.
- British Columbia’s official guide to the Natural Hot Springs.
- Check out what the Slocan Valley has to offer: slocanvalley.com and slocanlake.com
- The Best All Canadian Tourist Website and Blog. Search Local… Book Direct!
: ehCanada Travel and Adventure Guide.
- It’s official and it’s the best link for driving times, ferry schedules and up-to-date road conditions in B.C.
- The International Selkirk Loop is a 280-mile-long (450 km) scenic which encircles the Selkirk Mountain Range.
- Nelson White Water Rafting – Daily tours in the Slocan Valley and beyond (also kayak & paddle rentals in Nelson).
- Smiling Otter Wilderness Adventures – Canoe and Kayak rentals on Slocan Lake.
- Gerick’s Cycle and Ski in Nelson – Bicycle & Cross Country Ski rentals.
Slocan Valley Rail Trail
Paradise Valley Lodge is located at the center of a wonderful 50 km. (31 mile) riverside trail.
It is a non-motorized trail for biking, walking, horseback riding. It is groomed all winter for cross country skiing or a moonlit walk.
It was formerly a rail line, so it is relatively flat and perfect for all levels of fitness. From Winlaw one can travel 25 km’s (15.5 miles) either north or south along the peaceful Slocan River. More info