- The best place to start is the official Kootenay Rockies Tourism website. It’s all there! Trip ideas, maps & local information.
- British Columbia’s official guide to the skiers’ heaven, known as The Powder Highway.
- British Columbia’s official guide to the Natural Hot Springs. The Lodge is located between Ainsworth and Nakusp Hot Springs resorts.
- Find out what the Slocan Valley has to offer: Slocan Valley and Slocan Lake and the West Koot Route.
- A great resource for travel to Canada: ehCanada Travel and Adventure Guide.
- It’s official and it’s the best link for driving times, ferry schedules and up-to-date road conditions in B.C.
- Kootenay Brochures has maps and brochures to view or have sent to you, free. Call the brochure hotline at 1-800-661-6603.
- There are 2 car rental companies at the Castlegar Airport. They have offices in Nelson too.
- Locally raised meats, ham and sausages are available. View Legendary Meats website to place your order.
- The International Selkirk Loop is a 280-mile-long (450 km) scenic byway which encircles the Selkirk Mountain Range. A wonderful 2 nation vacation for bike tours.
- Endless Adventures – Whitewater kayaking and rafting in the Slocan Valley (also kayak, SUP rentals & training).
- Nelson White Water Rafting – Daily tours in the Slocan Valley and beyond.
- Smiling Otter Wilderness Adventures – Canoe and Kayak rentals, nearby on Slocan Lake.
- What is available in the Slocan Valley? We can email our local maps of restaurants, stores and services for you to print. Contact Us
- Gerick’s Cycle and Ski in Nelson – Bicycle & cross country ski rentals.
- Download the Slocan Valley Map – It has attractions,hiking trails, restaurants & more.
- Idaho Peak Shuttle – Enjoy a safe ride to the top of Idaho Peak. Amazing views and alpine hiking.
- Valhalla Powdercats – Cat skiing operator. We’re a 10 minute drive from their pickup point.
Slocan Valley Rail Trail
Paradise Valley Lodge is located at the center of a wonderful 50 km. (31 mile) riverside trail.
It is a non-motorized trail for biking, walking, or horseback riding. It is groomed all winter for cross country skiing or a moonlit walk.
It was formerly a rail line, so it is relatively flat and perfect for all levels of fitness. From Winlaw one can travel 25 km’s (15.5 miles) either north or south along the peaceful Slocan River.